The Myers

The Myers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Disney Vacation, Day 5

Day 5 of our Disney Vacation was filled with Animal Kingdom!




The girls with the giant "tree of life" in the background.


Our first stop was some autographs with some famous characters!

Winnie the Pooh!











Another photo opp! (Dino-land)




One of the first things we did was watch the Nemo musical. It was wonderful. My favorite show of the whole trip.













Then Landon, mom, Reagan and Carter rode the ride located in this mountain. It was a roller coaster. I am not a big fan of these rides so I stayed off this one. Someone had to keep dad company! Ha! Carter didn't enjoy the ride very much. It was a little on the fast side and it also goes backwards.





We called ahead and made reservations for the Rainforest Cafe located at the park. Prior to lunch there came a down pour. It rained and rained. And of course we were on the opposite side of the park from the restaurant. Needless to say we were soaked. Head to toe there was not a dry spot on us. This made the girls, lets just say a little grumpy. Mom and I took the girls into the bathroom to attempt to dry off. There was only one hand dryer, so we took turns attempting to dry our clothes. I'm sure we looked a bit silly, but who cares, it sure felt good. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was really neat. After a few threatenings to Reagan to get over her grumpy behavior and one more trip back to the hand dryer, everyone's attitudes improved. We let the girls pick out some souvenirs from the gift shop and on we went.



The one thing you must do while attending Animal Kingdom is the safari tour. They pretend your in Africa and you get to see some amazing animals.


Hippopotamus!



Giraffes, my favorite. There were even baby ones!


We got to see elephants playing! Which is more than I've ever got to see at a zoo!



A baby Rhino!

There were many other animals as well. It is really cool not to see them in cages! It really looked like an African Safari. Well at least what I have seen on t.v. Not that I've actually seen one in real life.
This Hippo would swim right by the underwater window and do flips, just like she was putting on a show.


We also caught a 3-D show about bugs! With the one and only Flick, from Bug's Life. It was really neat. Here is me and the girls sporting our "bug eyes."




Then on to the Lion King Show.




We finished the day off with some more autographs.











We rode several other rides and had a great time. Even despite the down pour!
















2 comments:

  1. It's Flick, goofball, not Flint. Where do you come up with this stuff? Whenever we go, I think this will be my favorite park. Looks like a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I'll fix that right away! That's what I get for trying to go off my memory. Get ready the rest of the vacation is already ready and will be posting throughout the weekend.

    ReplyDelete